Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reflections



It's become very real over the past 17 months, this interfaith/pluralfaith thing I've thought so long and hard about and talked so very much about. Since the birth of our son, I've been fearful of this public forum. Here is the test, the trial, the time I put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I confess I fear being judged now more than ever because now I'm involving an innocent. The choices we make about faith will now have a direct and real impact on the little person who has so recently joined our family. What if he feels torn, tugged, pulled, pressured to be something different when being different can be so very hard? What if he is confused? What if we fail?

Deep breath.



Yet, I trust that in community, whether virtual or actual, is the way to grow towards authentic engagement with God.

So I post this with trepidation and faith in hopes that you will continue with us on this crazy, mixed-up, messy, beautiful spiritual path.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment